Thursday, October 11, 2012

Polite?



With regard to the first presidential debate, in an interview on the "Tom Joyner Morning Show," Barack Obama’s explanation for no new ideas, no answer to Mitt Romney’s challenges, and a complete and utter lack of substance was that he was “just too polite.”

I might have to agree with Obama on this one issue.

Often, when I have attempted to debate issues with liberals, when they lack ideas, answers, and substance, as Obama did, they make up for those shortcomings by yelling at me, calling me names, attacking my character, and either talking over me or storming off angrily without giving me an opportunity to rebut. Interestingly enough, their liberal counterparts watch and conclude they had held their own nicely. (i.e. Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan)

I hope that’s the strategy Obama uses at the next debate; I think that would work for him nicely. If not, he can blame me for the poor advice.

Speaking of blame, I think it’s worth noting that this may be the very first time I’ve heard Barack Obama take any measure of responsibility for some detrimental aspect of his presidency. Granted, it is a very backhanded admission, but it’s a stark contrast to the usual “someone else’s fault.”

Of course, while it was almost completely Mitt Romney’s fault that Obama did so poorly, in this case blaming the Republican might be too much like giving him credit. So, Obama would rather just chalk it up to “I wasn’t enough of a jerk.”

I’d beg to differ, but that’s a softball…and I’m just too polite.

No comments: